This topic has been much in the news, but surprisingly, there isn’t a definition of what it is, so we’ll try to define it by asking questions that you should know:
- Does your company have a clear mission statement that most of your employees understand and agree with?
- Does there seem to be a lot of arguing about things that aren’t related to the business, e.g., politics?
- Are the arguments started by one person, or a small group of people?
- What have you done to resolve conflicts?
- Have you taken a survey in the last six months or less about how your employees feel (yes, it’s an emotional issue) about your culture?
- Do you think you could be the reason for the toxic work culture?
- If you find you have a toxic work culture, what do you plan on dong about it?